International Baccalaureate (IB)
The International Baccalaureate program aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end, the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programs encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
IB Level Programs of Study:
|| American Government
|| Theory of Knowledge
| HIstory of the Americas
|| Information Technology in a Global Society
Though the IB Diploma Programme, we develop students who:
· have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
· flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
· study at least two languages
· excel in traditional academic subjects
· explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course.
How to apply:
· Students may apply to join the IB magnet program the fall prior to their 9th and 10th grade years. Applications can be found on the Office of Magnet Program’s website.
· Students who complete the application will then be assessed by the IB magnet program in January
· Decisions will be mailed out via the Office of Magnet Programs in May
· Assessment guidelines can be found here.
IB Coordinator: Tara Spinelli
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-887-6384
Further information regarding the IB Diploma program can be found at
Please click here to view the International Baccalaureate General Regulations.
http://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/ and http://www.ibo.org/globalassets/digital-tookit/presentations/1506-presentation-dp-en.pdf