National Science Honor Society
Science National Honor Society of Kenwood High School-Charter 610
SNHS will be the prominent scientific organization that will engender a new group of young thinkers who will be the future of industry, research, and scientific exploration for America.
We pledge to:
• Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
• Advance students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
• Communicate with the scientific community
• Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
• Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind.
All members must meet the following requirements:
• A member must be in their sophomore, junior, or senior year.
• A member must be enrolled in at least one honors or upper level science class during or prior to the eleventh grade year. A member must be enrolled in at least one second year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
• A member must maintain a B+ average (3.50) across all science courses.
• A member must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• A member must maintain behavior that is acceptable to school guidelines.